Families in Separate Homes (FISH) Support Group
East Cobb 255 Village Pkwy. Suite 580, Marietta, GA 30067
Vinings 4300 Paces Ferry Rd. SE Suite 357 Atlanta, GA 30339
Ready to join? Register now!
East Cobb: Tuesdays 4:30pm with Heather Elson, MA, CMHC, LAPC
Vinings: Wednesdays 4:00pm with Reshma Kaparampil, LMSW
Our Families in Separate Homes (FISH) Support Group is for elementary and middle school children whose parents are separated/divorced or who live apart. This group focuses on: expressing and processing emotions; learning appropriate methods of frustration management; gaining support from peers in a positive, safe environment; and developing coping skills.
This support group uses expressive therapy, art and play to help children:
- Gain skills for coping with changes
- Identify and express thoughts & feelings appropriately
- Normalize and identify feelings associated with the divorce or family change
- Share experiences with others
- Implement adaptive coping strategies for transitions
- Learn and implement safe, appropriate ways to express anger
- Have a safe place to process emotions
Call for more info: 770-726-9598